Saturday, August 21, 2010

Business Law on Pinnel's case and Central London Properties v High Trees House?

How to distinguish effectively the difference between the principles in the Pinnel's case with that of the principle lay down in the case of Central London Properties v High Trees House?Business Law on Pinnel's case and Central London Properties v High Trees House?
This sounds suspiciously like an assignment you have to submit and with the greatest of respect learning to do research is a fundamental skill in any occupation, esp.law related. Therefore all I will do is give you the briefest of points, esp. since I do not have present access to a law library and it is a good few years since I did my law exams.


As I recall, the underlying principle is that a debt is a debt and is payable in full in the manner initially agreed and stipulated.. Part payment or a different type of payment by the debtor to the creditor is not satisfaction for the debt and the creditor can sue unless any changes in the consideration accepted and received were instigated by the creditor.


Against this background you'll now need to look at the facts in High Trees, carefully looking at the circumstances of the rental agreement, the reduced rent paid, why it was reduced, why the property company wanted to claim for arrears / or the shortfall and Lord Denning's observations concerning Pinnel's case and now throw in what you know about the principles or doctrine of 'promissory estoppel'. Phew, that should keep you busy and I look forward to your further comments.Business Law on Pinnel's case and Central London Properties v High Trees House?
DEAR MEMBERS OVER HERE, AS I'M VERY NEW TO TIS WEBSITE, I REALLY HAVE NO IDEA TAT AN ASSIGNMENT QUESTION CANNOT BE ASK OVER HERE! IT DOES NOT STATED OVER THE T%26amp;C! AND TIS IS MY VERY FIRST TIME TO ASK A QUESTION. IF IM IN WRONG, I WILL APOLOGISE.

Report Abuse



AS FOR JZD, I KOE U R THE TOP CONTRIBUTER BT IS VERY RUDE OF U TO CRITICIZE PPL LIKE ME WHO IS VERY NEW TO LAW. IF U DONT FEEL LIKE ANSWERING MY QUESTION U CAN DONT DO IT. JUZ SKIP IT. NOBODY WILL FORCE U! IT REALLY HURTS ME A LOTS WHEN I READ IT.

Report Abuse



OTHER MEMBERS, ASK IRRELEVANT QUESTIONS OVER HERE, BT NOBODY IS SOO MEAN LIKE U. UR MOTIVE MIGHT BE GOOD FOR ME BUT IT DEPRESSED ME MORE THAN IT MOTIVATE ME! I HOPE U WONT MIND WAT I SAY, AS U R A GUY!

Report Abuse



ON THE OTHER HAND, ON THIN ICE, U R MUCH MORE LIKE A MOTIVATOR TO ME AND I WILL BE SURE TO WORK HARDER FOR MY BUSINESS LAW. IT WLD BE TOO LATE IF I REALLY WANTED THE ANSWER FRM THE MEMBERS. ONCE AGAIN, THANK YOU SOO MUCH! HAVE A GREAT DAY AND GOD BLESS U! =)

Report Abuse



This is Yahoo Answers - not 'please answer my exam questions for me'.


Do like the rest of us had to do, read them and do some research.

No comments:

Post a Comment