Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I want to go to law school but just in case I dont I want a business degree most likely. Can I still get in?

Hi. I am 16 years old and a junior in high school. I want to get into law school,but of course I hear stories of law is not that good sometimes. So just in case I dont want to get into law school and hate it and come out witha very non marketable degree. I really like business,but do i have to have a philosophy or political science degree to get it.


What type of courses and what can i do to prepare for law school,in case I do want to go in it?I want to go to law school but just in case I dont I want a business degree most likely. Can I still get in?
Law school does not require a certain type of degree. Think about what type of law you would like to practice when you are considering a major. If you are interested in corporate and business type law, a business degree makes sense. It isn't necessary though.





Lawyers must be able to communicate effectively in order to represent their clients. Business courses don't really focus on that as much as some other degrees. If you get a business degree,and want to build your written language skills or other communications skills, you may want to consider a minor that can help, such as English or Communications.





The main thing is to pass the LSAT exam. There are study guides and manuals that can be purchased at most bookstores that will give you a good idea of what you need to know to get into law school.





I have included a link to some information on the various types of law out there so you can get a feel for what your options are. The list is not complete, but it is a good start.I want to go to law school but just in case I dont I want a business degree most likely. Can I still get in?
You can get a bachelores degree in ANYTHING and go to law school. So if you want to do buisness, do it, just make sure you get good grades and start preparing for the LSAT very early in your undergrad career.

No comments:

Post a Comment