Saturday, August 7, 2010

Rnetal business - Installing laminate flooring - should I use under lay layer in this case?

Hi,


A handyman removed old carpet. there is a subfloor there now with left overs from the carpet. the handyman told me I do not have to put under-lay on top of the subfloor under the laminate. but rather that he can just install the laminate on top of the subfloor. however another guy told me i should put under-lay between the 2. who is right? THANKS.Rnetal business - Installing laminate flooring - should I use under lay layer in this case?
If its a concrete subfloor you should install a vapor barrier and I would always use some type of underlayment, which will greatly reduce noise if nothing else.Rnetal business - Installing laminate flooring - should I use under lay layer in this case?
It is best to have the underlayment.





Is either of the guys you asked a professional installer? It would be best to double check with a professional. Most will answer these kinds of general questions and do an estimate for free.
Why not just purchase the laminate with the foam underlay as part of the flooring. DuPont and Pergo both have that. It is much better than the older stuff.
Underlay! If you omit it, expect the floor to have a hollow sound when you walk across it.

No comments:

Post a Comment