Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Can I put business in siblings name, to protect it in case of divorce?

My husband and I have a very rocky marriage and I never know what to expect of him. I hope to avoid divorce, who doesn't but if it were ever to come to that can I put my business in a siblings or friends name to protect it in case of divorce?? I want to start a business and if I register it all under someone else and I will be the employee even though I will be running it, is that ok? Or can my husband take this to court? Btw the other person will be running the business with me, so technically I am not doing anything illegal right?Can I put business in siblings name, to protect it in case of divorce?
I dunno about the specific laws where you are, but this is usually not illegal. In fact this kinda stuff is what divorce lawyers do for a livingCan I put business in siblings name, to protect it in case of divorce?
Hey great idea. What happens when your marriage turns out okay and then your husband finds out you were planning for a divorce?


What happens when your friend or brother turns into a heel and takes ';their'; business over and fires you?


You REALLY need to talk to a lawyer about this.
If you are an investor, once you're in divorce proceedings, you'll have to list that business as an asset. Even if you register it under others' names, you'll still be putting money into the company, you'll still be an owner, and would have to reveal that to the court.
Don't trust anyone. You just may be an employee or your friend or sibling may fire you and take it all.
Things procurred together during a marriage are divisible. If you sell something the two of you obtained during your marriage or both worked on, even without her knowledge, it won't protect it but it will complicate things.
  • clinique
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment