Tuesday, August 24, 2010

While on a business trip my husband purchased an Xbox carrying case?

I had to travel from the East Coast to the West Coast and blindly try to find a home for us while he stayed behind to work. I stayed for two weeks. We had little finances for this trip and as it was i had to dig into our credit card for the plane flight and find the cheapest flight there was. I also had to cash in my large change ';jar'; i had been saving up or over two years to have money to pay for expenses while there. Before i left he took a portion of that money from me that he said he would need for groceries and other things. I am always a sucker for being sure he is left with cash on hand. I was very frugal the entire trip and ended up leaving with just under $200 of $300 i cashed in and coming home with $20 of which he quickly snatched up. I found out last night after being home for several days he purchased a $30 Xbox carrying case for his game system. This was a purchase he never told me about. If i would have known about this i would never have bought him Dodger souvenirs while out of town. We kept in contact the entire time and not once did he mention this xbox purchase until i noticed the case last night. When i confronted him he got very angry and told me it was a situation he was very unhappy about because he was expecting other money to come in and it never came through. I asked him why he did not return the case after the money did not come through and he only got angrier. I guess i am unhappy because when i go to make purchases they are necessary and for the household and have to go on the card or i have to borrow the money. He also did not tell me about this. He is trying to justify it. He says he had little money and that he used any monies he had here to buy groceries while i was gone. Yet when i called he was watching a movie and eating dinner every night. Hell when he was out to sea i went without while any extra monies went to him and i went without. Do i blame myself? I have had to take the credit card away from him and i don't even like him writing checks because he bounces them. I am so sad because my birthday is coming up and i just know i am going to get jack not to mention every time i spend one cent he throws a fit. Oh yeah and the food he got? I cannot even eat! Have you had experiences like this? Do they get any better? He is a recovering addict if that helps. Does on addiction turn to another? Is it items now?While on a business trip my husband purchased an Xbox carrying case?
Sounds like a rotten relationship. Perhaps you should try to really talk through your feelings (maybe even with a counselor) and try to work things out. Otherwise, seek competent legal advice.While on a business trip my husband purchased an Xbox carrying case?
Money can be a big issue in marriage. We all have different ideas on what is important and what to spend our money on. You need to sit down with him and work our a reasonable budget. Yes, a person can switch addictions, that isn't uncommon. Sounds more like he just has never learned how to be responsible with money though. Many cities have services (many are non-profit and don't charge anything) to help with setting up a budget that you can both agree on. Once that is done, things should be easier. Ask him to make a commitment with you to agree to a certain dollar amount you can each spend without discussing it with the other, say maybe 20.00 or so - anything over that it has to be decided together. Good Luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment