Tuesday, August 24, 2010

How does the Better Business Bureau work in a case like this?

I operate a small, in home day care.





I had someone threaten to report me to the BBB because in my contract it states that I am given 1 week paid vacation, and they think that is completely ridiculous (for some reason?)





Anyway, they said I should be shut down because as a child care provider I should understand I don't get paid vacation, and they forwarded my contract to the BBB.





I know that their accusations are completely ridiculous, but I'm just wondering if this person's idiocy is going to affect my business? Will I get a ';stike'; because of this?





Thanks.How does the Better Business Bureau work in a case like this?
The BBB would act as a 'middle man'. They would take a written report from the person you mentioned. Then they send the report to 'you' to respond.





You would get a 'strike' only if you failed to respond.





I wouldn't worry about it. Child care providers get vacations too.How does the Better Business Bureau work in a case like this?
lol - no, you won't get a strike unless you don't respond to the report when they send it to you, which could take months. It won't be publicized that a complaint was registered, unless of course there was a question of ';merit'; which does not, I repeat, does NOT include asking for paid vacation. I love the answers you got on the other question about ppl who wouldn't pay you for a week vacation - I absolutely would, and I feel you are entitled to it, the same as everyone else. You may have to reword your contract now though because of the bad publicity that the individual is showering you with. You may have to have the ';one week paid vacation'; right next to the ';allowance of one week unpaid'; clause that you spoke of. That way it can be argued that you aren't able to coordinate your vacation time with all of the parents vacation times coinciding. Everyone would be okay with that.
not sure who is at fault the one who signed your contract or you.if I were anyone I would not sign this contract.
  • topical cream
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment