Saturday, August 21, 2010

Would you reccomend pulling from savings or using credit to start a business in this case?

I've been working on starting my own creative arts business for a little over but have yet to take the final steps to get it off the ground.





Basically, the final steps will cost a fairly high amount of money $3,000-$5,000.





I have the option of taking out a loan but would rather avoid the interest if possible.





I have aprox. $20,000 in savings with about 1/3 of it tied up in CDs. I could pull from this but would like to earn the interest on it and avoid using it unless I need a backup. The other option I'm considering is getting a second business credit card (already have one) which offers me 0% ARP until Decemer 2009. I figure I can work it so that I can get what would essentially amount to a cash advance (still at 0%) of the amount I need and only have to make minimum payments until December 2009 when I could pay it off and have still earned on my savings for more than a year.





Any thoughts on which way might be the better way to go? Or, do you have any alternative suggestions?Would you reccomend pulling from savings or using credit to start a business in this case?
I suggest just using your savings then if something goes wrong and you lose all yours savings you don't owe anyone money that you can't pay back. Would you reccomend pulling from savings or using credit to start a business in this case?
I'm with Emily, use your savings.
I would suggest that you incorporate your business in the state of Delaware (you don't have to live in Delaware to incorporate there, they don't require any state taxes so many people incorporate there). Once you incorporated build up your corporate credit and use that to start your business. The reason why is that corporations have their own tax identification numbers and are considered - its own entity, its seen as its own person and anything it does cannot affect you personally. Say if your business doesn't work out and you have trouble paying back your start-up costs, a creditor could never come after your house or attack your personal credit.





To answer your question directly, if that business credit card is tied to an incorporated business then, yes, I would pull from that. Truly successful people never make any moves with their own money. Which is why Donald Trump can file bankruptcy again and again and remain unaffected (he's incorporate and its not his money).





Good luck.





Oh, and if you need help building corporate credit quickly you can take the advice from this article, it works for both personal and corporate credit building.





http://www.ehow.com/how_4492319_start-credit-score-range-quickly.html

No comments:

Post a Comment